Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich


This is a sequel. Don't read this review unless you have read the first book, One for the Money, as this contains spoilers.

Two for the Dough is the second book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. It continues the story of Stephanie's life as a bounty hunter. This time she's looking for Kenny Mancuso, a guy who shot his friend in the knee. Joe Morelli is back on the force and is getting in Stephanie's way. They're both looking for Kenny while also trying to solve a mystery involving missing caskets.

This book was so fun to read! I really like this series. I just wish everyone else didn't love it so much, too, because it's very hard to get from the library. I sat on the waiting list for over a month before I got the book! Well, it was worth the wait. Two for the Dough was fast-paced, funny, and easy to read. I love that Stephanie has to try very hard to be a bounty hunter (and not a very good one at that!). I'm tired of the books about people who "fight crime" with the ease of a superhero. It makes Stephanie seem more real and makes the story more believable. These books remind me of Meg Cabot's Size 12 is Not Fat books. I see many similarities between Stephanie Plum and Heather Wells. I can't wait to read Three to Get Deadly! I guess I should put it on hold at the library now...

5 out of 5 stars

So, on a personal note...

My husband and I bought a house just over a month ago, and we have been completely redecorating it. I don't want to ever touch a paintbrush again in my life, but we're still not finished. We've been spending a lot of time at the house, so I haven't had as much time to read. I will try to keep updating, but we'll be moving in soon, so that will take time also. We're moving to a different county so I will be using a different library. I hope it's as good as the one I'm currently using!

No comments: