Sunday, August 3, 2008

Post-Reading Deprsession

I'm getting closer to the end of Breaking Dawn and I can feel that my post-reading depression (I swear it exists!) is going to be worse than usual. I'm kind of procrastinating so that I can hold it off a little longer. This happens to me a lot when I finish a really good series, or even just a really good book. It happened with the Harry Potter series, Uglies series, His Dark Materials, and Pope Joan, Eclipse, and The Host. I can't believe I'm almost finished with the Twilight series! It's not fair! I'll post about the book when I finish, and after I come out of the "depression" a little bit.

Note: I realize that post-reading depression is not really depression as it only lasts a few days or so, but it's the best way I can describe the feeling. It's pretty awful and emotionally draining.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Breaking Dawn and I am really sad that it is the last book to the series :(... At first when I read the first book in Breaking Dawn I was upset because I thought Stephanie Meyer got a little swayed off on Bella and Edward's personality and character; they didn't seem like the Bella and Edward from Twilight, New Moon or Eclipse. (SPOILER)Bella just seemed sex-hormone drived and annoying and Edward was kind of the angry one.. but after reading book two i loved it! Reading Jacob's perspective was amazing and the book was really enjoyable..I am still not done with it I am 3/4th finished, but I'm really excited about what going to happen.. Alright I'll stop blabbering about it now lol

Katie said...

I kind of agree with you on the differences in personality with the characters. I think it continued throughout the book, though. It almost feels like Stephenie didn't even write it. I loved the book, but I was a little disappointed. Oh well. I'm looking forward to Midnight Sun and the movie. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

yeah it practically killed me when i finished last week.
i just sulked in my room for a few days afterwards coz i didnt feel like doing anything else..

haha! i tried procrastinating to make the series seem longer too :) it took ALL my self control to wait 1 week between reading each book, and when i first started to read breaking dawn, i tried to read 1 chapter per night- yeah that was impossible. lol.
i made twilight dolls and drew pictures to release all my twilight emotions for a while... that kind of eases the pain of it ending. i feel really lost now. i dont know how to explain how i feel to anyone, but i guess its comforting to know other twilight fans feel that way too.. and now I'M blabbering so thats the end of my angst outlet.
thanks for the discussion sarah :)

Katie said...

You have more self-control than I do if you waited a week between reading each book! I couldn't do that!

That's so cool that you made Twilight dolls! So cute! :-)

I definitely felt pretty lost after Breaking Dawn, and I didn't read anything for a while. I only just started reading other books again!

Thanks for checking out my blog! I'll update again soon, I promise!