Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Time for a Face Lift

I have decided to make some changes to this blog. I stopped reading as quickly as I used to so I wasn't updating as much as I was hoping. I will be adding some more content that isn't just book related. I plan to add cooking and baking posts as well as craft posts. These are some of my favorite things to do. I hope all of you enjoy these changes!

I will begin this overhaul with a cooking related post. Here's a recipe I just came up with for Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup:

1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup diced onions
3 tablespoons flour
5 - 6 cups milk (I used skim)
1 package frozen broccoli (I used the steam in the bag kind)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
garlic, salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a pot. Add the onions and cook until they are clear. In the meantime, cook the broccoli according to the instructions. Add the flour to the butter and onions one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly. Add the milk and continue to whisk until the butter and flour mixture is incorporated. Add the cooked broccoli and the cheese. Add as much spice as you'd like. Stir until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot. Enjoy!
This would probably serve 3 - 4 people.

I didn't measure as I made this so the measurements are my best guess. I would serve this with some homemade bread, rolls or biscuits. Perfect for a cold night!

I hope you guys enjoy this new format.

No comments: