Thursday, September 10, 2009

Booking Through Thursday





Here's today's Booking Through Thursday question:


What’s the most informative book you’ve read recently?

I would have to say that the most informative book I've read recently is Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. It's about why certain people are more (or less) successful than others. It was a very interesting book. I learned why most professional hockey players were born in January, February and March. I also found out why Asian people tend to be better at math. I really enjoyed the book, and so did my mom and brother. I've been thinking about picking up one of his other books, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't usually read books like these but your examples have piqued my interest, perhaps I'll have a flick through next time I'm in borders :)

JoAnn said...

Having read both Blink and The Tipping Point, I've been wondering about this book. Sounds interesting!

Anna said...

I have all of his books and I love them all! I haven't quite finished Outliers, yet (I've had to put it on the back burner because I keep grabbing up interesting things from the library), but I think I'll go back and finish it here soon.

Jennifer TFFQ said...

I have heard of this authors other works. Everyone seems to agree and love his work. I am going to HAVE to read something of his it all sounds so interesting.