Friday, May 30, 2008

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory


The Boleyn Inheritance tells the story of Henry VIII's fourth and fifth wives, Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard. Both women are very different but the both eventually learn how dangerous it is to be Henry Tudor's wife.

This book is just as interesting and emotional as The Other Boleyn Girl. I loved that it was in the perspective of the three women, Anne of Cleves, Katherine Howard, and Jane Boleyn. All three women had such vastly different personalities and thoughts about what was happening. Anne was so independent and was just trying to live her life without a man telling her what she could and couldn't do, Katherine was naive and vain, and Jane was calculating and a little mad, I think. I loved this book, and I wish Philippa Gregory had written more books about Henry VIII, but this was the last one. Maybe I will find some written by other authors. I've seen them at the bookstore. I'd like to see how other authors tell the story of the Tudor family.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments: