Friday, May 2, 2008

Tithe by Holly Black


Tithe is about a girl named Kaye who can see faeries. When she was young, she had three faerie friends. When she moves back to her childhood home with her mother, she finds her faerie friends again. They tell her about a plan to help out all faeries, and they need her help. She agrees and ends up in way over her head.

This book is very odd and I found it to be pretty confusing, especially at the end. Overall, it was an interesting book, but not my favorite. I'll probably read the next book, Valiant, just because I want to know what happens in it. I liked that Kaye was portrayed as a "real" teenager, but it also teaches young adults that it's OK and normal to smoke and drink alcohol when they're under-age. Eh, I guess Holly Black is just not my favorite author.

3 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

Ink Mage said...

Just FYI, Valiant is completely unrelated to Tithe; it's Ironside that's the sequel.

Katie said...

Oh OK, thanks!