Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first book in this series, as it may contain spoilers!

Living Dead in Dallas is the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. The HBO show True Blood is based on this series. This book continues the story of mind-reading Sookie Stackhouse and her vampire boyfriend Bill Compton. Eric, a very old and powerful vampire in Louisiana, sends Sookie and Bill to Dallas to use Sookie's "special talent" to help another vampire find a missing friend. Their search leads them to the Fellowship of the Sun, a "church" that hates vampires, but the Fellowship is anything but a typical church. Meanwhile, a murder is being investigated back home in Bon Temps.

I really liked this book. I thought it was just as good as the first book, Dead Until Dark. I'm glad that Eric was in this book more than the first. I think he's my favorite character. It doesn't hurt that the guy who plays him in the show is pretty hot!

**Spoilers Below**


I'm so sad about Lafayette! I really liked him. I wish he had a bigger part in the books like he did in the show.

**End Spoilers**

The sex scenes in this book were a bit steamier than in the first one. Not necessarily a bad thing but possibly not OK with some people. I'm really glad that I finished the book very early on in the season of the show. It seems like they may not follow the book exactly, though. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this series! Glad you're enjoying it too :)

yes, the show is getting more and more different from the books. :( It's still really good though!