Sunday, June 21, 2009

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first book, Something Borrowed, as it may contain spoilers!


Something Blue is the sequel to Emily Giffin's other book, Something Borrowed. Here is a description of Something Blue from Amazon:

"Selfish but beautiful Darcy is reeling from the betrayal of her best friend, Rachel, and her fiance, Dex, even though she cheated on Dex with his friend Marcus. Darcy is carrying Marcus' child, so she assumes he'll take care of her. After all, she's always gotten everything she's ever wanted. But when Marcus dumps her, she finds herself pregnant and alone. Always the opportunist, Darcy contacts her childhood friend Ethan, now a writer living in London, and gets him to agree to let her visit for awhile. She jets off to the UK envisioning a charmed life where a handsome, rich Englishman will sweep her off her feet. The reality isn't so blissful--Ethan is critical of her selfish behavior and she finds herself incredibly lonely and unprepared for motherhood. After a confrontation with Ethan, she decides it's time for radical change."

At first it was very weird to be reading a book from Darcy's point of view. I couldn't stand her in Something Borrowed! Now, though, I like Darcy more than I like Rachel. She changed so much about herself when it didn't seem like it would be possible. I definitely liked this book better than the first. I was almost crying at the end. It was great reading about London, because I recognized a lot of the street names and landmarks since I lived there one summer. It definitely made me want to go back. Anyway, I loved this book and I'm so glad I got it from the library very quickly!

5 out of 5 stars

No comments: