Friday, June 12, 2009

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

I won Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin from Goodreads. I'd been wanting to read it for a long time, so I was really excited when I won it. Here is a description from Amazon:

"Rachel is celebrating her thirtieth birthday with her friends, including her lifelong best friend, Darcy, and Dex, Rachel's handsome friend from law school and Darcy's fiance. One thing leads to another and Rachel ends up in bed with Dex. Suddenly, all of her repressed feelings for him rush to the forefront, and Dex says he feels the same. But thoughts of Darcy nag at Rachel. Perfect, pretty Darcy has always gotten everything she's wanted, as well as things that Rachel wanted, like her admission to her first-choice college. But Rachel and Dex can't deny their attraction, and Rachel wonders if they might possibly have a real future together."


I really liked this book. Although I didn't agree with what Rachel and Dex did, it was hard to feel sorry for Darcy. I think this was my first chick-lit book, and I can see why so many women like the genre. Something Borrowed is a cute, fluffy, romantic book. It's perfect if you're looking for a quick and easy read. I can't wait to read the next book, Something Blue.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: