Thursday, April 17, 2008

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare


Do not read this if you haven't read City of Bones because this review will contain spoilers!

Clary and the Shadowhunters are back in this sequel to City of Bones. The Clave suspects that Jace is acting as a spy for Valentine, his father, and ends up in the Silent City. While he is there, it comes under attack and the second mortal instrument, a sword, is taken. Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Alec, and Simon must stop Valentine from killing children and from using the mortal instruments. Clary and Jace must also fight their feelings for each other now that they know they are brother and sister.

I really like the plot of this series and I find the books very engaging, but the incestuous feelings between Clary and Jace are kind of creepy. I have a feeling they will find out that they aren't really brother and sister, but for now, it's really weird! It really is hard to get past that part of City of Ashes, especially since I have a brother and... eww! I will definitely read the next book when it comes out, though, because I want to know what happens. I want Clary and Jace to be able to be together so I hope they aren't really brother and sister!

3.5 out of 5 stars (for the creepy incest)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is so good. I am not such a huge Fantasy fan but the characters in this book are so amazing that I couldn't stop reading it! I liked it much better than City of Bones, just because you get to know the characters much better and it's a faster action and suspense. I can't wait for City of Glass, and I wonder if Jace and Clary are really brother and sister, because the author kind of foreshadows that that is not case... but what you said about comparing Twilight series to every book is soo true, i do it all the time! But nothing seems to be as good as twilight or New Moon Eclipse. But City of Ashes is my 2nd favorite book

Katie said...

I definitely want to read City of Glass because I want to know what happens! I'm sure Clary and Jace aren't really brother and sister, but thinking about a brother and sister kissing is kind of...ewww! I'm sure I will definitely compare every book from now on to Twilight. I can't help it! I can't wait to read The Host, which is coming out in 3 days! Thanks for checking out my blog!