Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Gunslinger by Stephen King


This book is so confusing; I don't know what to say about it. Here is a summary from Amazon.com:

"The Gunslinger introduces protagonist Roland as he pursues the Man in Black through bleak and tired landscapes in a world that has "moved on." Roland believes that the Man in Black knows and can be made to reveal the secrets of the Dark Tower, which is the ultimate goal of Roland's quest. "

The Gunslinger is the first book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. My brother and father love this series and have been trying to get me to read it for a while now. I finally decided to read the first book, and it was... confusing. I still don't fully understand why Roland is looking for the Tower! My dad and brother told me that the first book is the hardest to get into, so I am looking forward to the second. Hopefully it will make more sense to me. I did enjoy this book despite the weirdness. Some of the scenes were a bit disturbing, but that's to be expected in a Stephen King book!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: