Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

The Graveyard Book is about a young boy who escapes when his entire family is murdered. He flees to a nearby graveyard where he meets the ghosts of the people who were buried there. Mr. and Mrs. Owens (two of the ghosts) decide to raise the boy as their own. They name him Nobody, or Bod for short. Bod isn't allowed to leave the graveyard because the man who killed his family is still out there looking for him...

This book was given to me as a gift. I feel like too many questions were left unanswered. I'm kind of confused about a lot of what happened, and why it happened, in this book. I feel like the plot was lost during the middle of the book; it was just about life in the graveyard. It picked up near the end, though, which was good. I'm not sure if I agree that a boy becomes a man at 15 and is old enough to be on his own at that point, but that's OK. Overall, the book was OK.

2 out of 5 stars

No comments: