Thursday, July 2, 2009

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I had never read To Kill a Mockingbird before, so when I found it at the thrift store for 25 cents I was very excited. In case you haven't read it, here is a synopsis from Amazon:

"Set in the small Southern town of Maycomb, Alabama, during the Depression, To Kill a Mockingbird follows three years in the life of 8-year-old Scout Finch, her brother, Jem, and their father, Atticus--three years punctuated by the arrest and eventual trial of a young black man accused of raping a white woman."


I'm so glad I decided to read this book. It's definitely my favorite "classic" that I've read so far. Also, it's on the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list. I was very surprised that it was in the perspective of such a young girl. I really had no idea what the book was about before I read it. I liked that Scout eventually realized that all men really are created equally by the end of the book. I think this is definitely a book that all people should read. It's very good.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments: