Monday, September 7, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first book in this series, as it may contain spoilers!

Catching Fire is the sequel to The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. Here's a synopsis from Amazon:
"Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge."
This book was AMAZING!!! I'm so in love with this series! I already want to reread both books. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading Catching Fire. I actually had to put it down for a second so I could take a breath and calm down a bit. I was so caught up in the book, I read it in one day. I finished at 1:30 in the morning! I'm even more in love with Peeta now. He's my new book boyfriend. Just don't tell Eric Northman! LOL I don't really understand why some people like Gale more than Peeta. We don't even know that much about Gale; he hasn't had much "face time" in the books.

I can't wait for the third book to come out, but I have to wait an entire year! *le sigh* I don't know what I'll do until then. I'm using this book for the "read a book with a verb in the title" category for the Summer Book Challenge.

5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knitting'z cool; I wish I had the time
and patience for that... yet, yooNeye
shall when yooNeye go beyond (for moi, be the second time). Why, you
ask? I'm a Near Death Experiencer.
Find-out moe, Curly: what I know
might change the world before the
Second Coming, miss gorgeous:
● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
Cya soon, girly-withe-curly...