Saturday, September 5, 2009

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

I know it's weird that I read a book about Christmas in September, but it's one of the tasks for the Summer Book Challenge. Here's a synopsis of Skipping Christmas by John Grisham from Amazon:
"Luther and Nora Krank are fed up with the chaos of Christmas. The endless shopping lists, the frenzied dashes through the mall, the hassle of decorating the tree... where has all the joy gone? This year, celebrating seems like too much effort. With their only child off in Peru, they decide that just this once, they'll skip the holidays. They spend their Christmas budget on a Caribbean cruise set to sail on December 25, and happily settle in for a restful holiday season free of rooftop snowmen and festive parties.

But the Kranks soon learn that their vacation from Christmas isn't much of a vacation at all, and that skipping the holidays has consequences they didn't bargain for..."
I decided to read this book for the "read a book that takes place during Christmas" task for the Summer Book Challenge. I really liked the movie version - Christmas with the Kranks - so I decided to give the book a try. I thought it was really cute! They really stayed true to the book when they made the movie. This book was very short and such a quick read. I read it in one day! Now I just wish it was closer to the holidays. I would never skip Christmas because it's my favorite time of year. I can't wait! Maybe I'll go watch Christmas with the Kranks now...

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: