Thursday, September 3, 2009

Booking Through Thursday





Here is today's Booking Through Thursday question:

What’s the biggest book you’ve read recently?

(Feel free to think “big” as size, or as popularity, or in any other way you care to interpret.)

The "biggest" book, in terms of page numbers, that I've read recently (the last year or so) is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I enjoyed the book very much, and the sequel is currently sitting on my TBR shelf. I haven't picked it up yet because it's a bit daunting. Both books are about 1000 pages.

The "biggest" book, in terms of popularity, that I've read recently is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I had no idea this book was so popular when I picked it up. One of the tasks in the Summer Book Challenge is to read a book that an author you enjoy has recommended. Apparently, Stephenie Meyer really liked The Hunger Games, so I used it for the task. I'm so glad I did, as it's an amazing book! Stephenie Meyer may not be the best writer in the world, but she has some good taste in books! (Well, I actually have no idea what kind of books she likes aside from The Hunger Games, so I'm just assuming she has good taste based on the fact that she liked The Hunger Games.) I can't wait to read Catching Fire! I'm waiting for my Dad to finish it so that I can borrow it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I loved Pillars of the earth but like you, I've been a bit nervous to pick up the sequel, since it's so long too.