Sunday, January 27, 2008

Big Boned by Meg Cabot


Well, it took forever for my library to deliver my book (A Thousand Splendid Suns) so I read Big Boned by Meg Cabot while I waited. Big Boned is the third book in Meg Cabot's mystery series. I read the first two books right after they were released, so I was excited to read this third book. The series is about Heather Wells, a former pop singer, and her life as an assistant dorm director at New York College. She loves her job except for the part where people keep dying in the dorm. In Big Boned Heather's new boss is killed, and Heather, as usual, investigates the murder herself while trying to get the attention of her landlord, Cooper.

Meg Cabot definitely delivers with this book. It's funny and suspenseful and just a fun, easy read. It's easy to relate to Heather, with her body image issues (hence the title of the book) and her boyfriend troubles. It's obviously unrealistic for so many murders to take place in the same building within one year, but it's what makes the books entertaining. I can't wait for the next book to be released!

I would give Big Boned 4 out of 5 stars.

Next, I will finally read A Thousand Splendid Suns now that I have it from the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that book by Khaled Hosseni!