Monday, January 21, 2008

Specials by Scott Westerfeld


Specials is the final book in the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. It concludes the story of Tally Youngblood and her world. Tally becomes a special along with her friends. When she is supposed to betray her old friends again, she starts to question what she's doing...again.

Specials was definitely more dark and sad than Uglies and Pretties. It was a bit much for me considering what is happening in my life right now (see note below). I still loved the book and the entire trilogy. It's definitely a cautionary tale like Brave New World. I know that there is a fourth book called Extras, but I don't have it right now so I think I'll move on to something else. I'll come back to it another time. The next book I'm going to read is Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I have a ton of books on hold at the library and I'm just waiting to receive them! I'm number 50 something of 70 holds for the new Oprah book club book!

Note: I actually finished this book on Saturday, but I didn't write the review until now because our cat, Mo, has been having some major health issues. He was at the emergency vet all weekend and he needs surgery today or tomorrow. I've been very worried about him. He's only a year old and already needs surgery. Keep him in your thoughts for me.

1 comment:

Divinius said...

The light that I leave you is of the color of my life...)
you have yahoo to BABEL FISH to understand the words.

Leave a comment:)