Thursday, January 24, 2008

Stardust by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess


Stardust is about Tristran Thorn, a young man from the town of Wall. After seeing a shooting star, he promises the girl he loves that he will find the star and bring it back to her. However, when he finds the star he is surprised to find that it is actually a woman, and he is not the only one looking for her. Tristran discovers that he must protect the star because her life is in danger.

I should have read this book before I saw the movie. It was less exciting because I knew what would happen and I couldn't stop comparing the book to the movie, but I did like it very much. This is definitely not a children's fairy tale! It has sex and violence and some adult language in it. Some of the scenes were far more violent than I was expecting! I liked the story and the illustrations were beautiful. The movie followed the book fairly well except for a few details that were not vital to the story. I would definitely recommend this book especially if you liked or are interested in seeing the movie.

I have so many books on my to be read list right now! I'm just waiting for my library to deliver my books!

No comments: