Thursday, March 27, 2008

Midnighters 2: Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld


Touching Darkness is the second book in the Midnighters trilogy. It continues the story of Jessica Day and her friends, the Midnighters, who experience the secret hour that happens at midnight every night. In this book, Jessica, Rex, Dess, Jonathan, and Melissa learn more about Midnighter history and discover a horrifying secret that began 50 years earlier. They need to learn to work together if they want to save one of their own.

I feel like I've been reading so many Scott Westerfeld books lately, but it's because he has so many series and I'm just reading my books as I get them from the long list I have at the library. I think Touching Darkness was better than the first book, The Secret Hour. It had more action and kept my attention more. I felt The Secret Hour kind of dragged, especially in the beginning. I will definitely put the third book on my list of holds at the library.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: