Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett


I finally finished the 983 pages of The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. This book is basically about the building of a cathedral. It switches from the story of the master builder, to the prior of the cathedral, to the bishop, to the master builder's stepson. All of their stories are intertwined, and revolve around the building of the cathedral.

It was a bit confusing when the story switched to different characters' points of view without warning. I liked the book a lot, though. It was obviously very long, but not too difficult to read. I liked how he told the stories of so many vastly different characters. It was very interesting and I really want to read the sequel. Although, if the sequel is as long as the first book, it will take me a long time to read it! This book has made me want to read more historical fiction.

5 out of 5 stars

3 comments:

Juli said...

I have this book on my TBR pile. I've been putting it off since its soooo long. Glad to hear its enjoyable. I'll wait until summer when I'm off.

**I found you from the nest!

Katie said...

Yes, the book is very long, but totally worth it IMO.

I'm glad someone is clicking on my link in my nest siggy! :-)

Ink Mage said...

I tagged you with the Six Random Things meme, if you'd like to play:

http://inkmagic.blogspot.com/2008/03/six-random-things.html