Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich


Stephanie Plum is having major money troubles. She's selling off her appliances just so she can eat, and she doesn't want to get evicted from her apartment. If that happened she would have to move in with her overbearing mother! She finds out that her cousin Vinnie has a job opening at his business. Vinnie is a bail-bondsman and he's looking for a bounty hunter. Stephanie really needs the money so she takes the job. Vinnie gives her a week to find and bring in a man who's wanted for murder. Not only is this guy a murderer, but Stephanie realizes he is the boy she lost her virginity to when she was 16!

I know a lot of people who are in love with the Stephanie Plum series, so I was looking forward to reading the first book in the series, One for the Money. At first, I couldn't figure out why everyone loves this book so much, but now that I'm finished, I want to know what happens in the next book! Stephanie reminds me of a less annoying Heather Wells from Meg Cabot's Size 12 is Not Fat series. I like that Stephanie is just a regular girl trying to be tough in a scary job. I will definitely continue to read this series.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: