Monday, March 10, 2008

This book is so long...

I've been reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett for a week now and I haven't even read half of it yet. I had no idea that 983 pages would feel like an eternity. I am really liking the book, but it's taking so long I've started reading shorter, easier books in between. The book is already overdue at the library and I can't renew it because it has too many holds on it! Oh well, at least the fine is only $.10 a day. I would have to have the book for more than 3 months to rack up a fine equal to the cost of the book new! I'm on page 383 of 983, so I only have 600 more pages!

I found this list online of 1001 books you should read before you die. It's from the book 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Ackroyd and Peter Boxall. I scanned the list and I've only read 23 of them! This list is obviously just the opinions of the authors but it's still an interesting guideline. It has a lot of books on it that I've been wanting to read anyway. Maybe I'll read a book from the list each month or something. It depends on what I can get from the library. I will never be able to live somewhere where the library doesn't deliver books. It's way too convenient!

No comments: