Tuesday, February 19, 2008

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


City of Bones is about Clarissa "Clary" Fray. She goes to an all ages club with her friend, Simon, and witnesses a murder. The only problem is that she is the only one who can see the victim and the murderers. She is suddenly dragged into a world she never knew existed when her mother is taken and Clary is attacked by a demon. She is desperate to find her mother and figure out why all of this is happening to them.

I got this book from the library because I had read Cassandra Clare's Harry Potter fan fiction years ago. I couldn't believe it was the same girl. I was very excited to read this book! It has a good story and kept me interested, but there was something about it that I'm not sure I liked. I can't put my finger on it. The book definitely reminded me of her fan fiction The Draco Trilogy. Jace definitely made me think of her interpretation of Draco in her trilogy. I wasn't impressed with the ending of this book, although I won't say why because I don't want to write too many spoilers. I will definitely read the next book in the series when it comes out.

3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments: