Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


Isabella "Bella" Swan moves to a small town in Washington to live with her father. It's a gloomy town where it always rains and the sun rarely comes out. She doesn't fit in at school, but she's not the only one who doesn't fit in. The Cullen family also seem to be out of place, although no one knows why. Bella is confused by Edward Cullen's actions toward her; sometimes angry and other times friendly. He saves her life one day and they become friends. Bella eventually discovers that Edward is a vampire and that she is falling in love with him, despite the fact that he sometimes gets deadly urges to kill her!

I was really looking forward to reading Twilight because everyone has been saying that it's such a good book. I wasn't disappointed! I loved it! The relationship between Bella and Edward is so sweet it made me smile as I was reading it. Out of all the vampire books I've read, this one is my favorite. I liked how the vampire "lore" was not the same as most other vampire stories and TV shows (death by sunlight, crosses, the "change", etc.). I can't wait to see the movie and read the other two books!

5 out of 5 stars!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that book! It is amazing how Stephenie Meyer writes in such a descriptive and vivid way. You would think that she is writing from experience, because that is one amazing imagination and fantasy. I could not stop reading this book, even after I finished reading it in two days, I read it again! I can't wait until the movie, Knowing me, I'll probably go to the Midnight Premiere. Also, there is a website EdwardandBella.net which provides so many interviews and clips on the Twilight movie and Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart if you are interested.

Katie said...

I also can't wait to see the movie. I just need to convince my husband that he wants to see it! :-) I'll have to take a look at that website; I haven't seen it yet. I've been checking stepheniemeyer.com for updates, but they don't update it very often! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Ya the stephenie meyer website doesn't update very often, but edwardandbella.net update practically every day, so it has a lot of insight on the movie and the actors :).
I found your website searching for extras/fan stuff for City of Ashes and I am glad I did! I love discussing books. There is this one book it's called "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston, my friend says it's a really good book, that's the next book on my list to read, after I finish with "Gone, Baby, Gone".

Katie said...

I've heard of The Hot Zone, but I've never read it. I know it's about an Ebola virus outbreak, which would give me nightmares! The next book on my "to-be-read list" is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I know a lot of people who like it, but I've never read it. I'm looking forward to it. I really want to reread Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse, but I have so many other books to read, I feel like I don't have time!