Monday, February 11, 2008

So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld


Hunter is a "cool hunter". He is always on the lookout for new and innovative ideas. He meets Jen who is an "Innovator". She comes up with the new ideas Hunter is looking for. When they discover that Hunter's friend has been kidnapped and stumble upon the most amazing shoes they have ever seen, they go into detective mode. A group of people are trying to mess with the "cool pyramid" and they don't want Hunter and Jen to find out what they're doing.

I picked up So Yesterday from the library because I really liked Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series. I wish I hadn't, now. This book was so disappointing! It tries to be a thriller, but it just wasn't working for me. It took a lot just to finish the book. I really wanted to like this book because his others were so good. There isn't a lot of character development, and the relationship between Hunter and Jen pales in comparison to the relationship between Tally and Zane in Pretties. Thank goodness the book was short; I wouldn't have been able to finish it otherwise.

2 out of 5 stars

No comments: