Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first books in this series, as it may contain spoilers!

Dead to the World is the fourth book in Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. Here is a description from Amazon:
"(Dead to the World) continues the story of psychic waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who has fallen out with her undead lover, Bill. Bill has no sooner departed for Peru, than Sookie finds the head vampire, Eric, running naked and terrified through the rural night. She helps Eric, and discovers his memory has been destroyed by a coven of unscrupulous, astonishingly powerful witches, newly arrived in her small Louisiana town, and offering a huge reward for Eric. Sookie tries to hide Eric, but her brother sees him--and immediately disappears. And Sookie finds herself caught in a war among witches, vampires, and werewolves."
I absolutely LOVE this series! The books just keep getting better and better. I know I say this all the time, but Eric is so amazingly hot and sexy! He makes Edward Cullen seem dull and ugly. I found a way to fit this book into the Summer Book Challenge. Yay! I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series. My mom has the next one, so next time I go to her house I'm stealing it!

5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

Karen said...

Eric IS hot and sexy! And Edward Cullen IS dull! :) I know which vampire I would prefer!