Friday, July 3, 2009

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

Sloppy Firsts is the first book in Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series. So many people have recommended this series, so I decided to get the first book from the library. Here is a description from Amazon:

"When her best friend, Hope Weaver, moves away from Pineville, New Jersey, hyperobservant sixteen-year-old Jessica Darling is devastated. A fish out of water at school and a stranger at home, Jessica feels more lost than ever now that the only person with whom she could really communicate has gone. How is she supposed to deal with the boy- and shopping-crazy girls at school, her dad’s obsession with her track meets, her mother salivating over big sister Bethany’s lavish wedding, and her nonexistent love life?"


I'm so happy I read this book! It was so cute. I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series. I love how funny and angsty Jessica is. She's hilarious. Marcus kind of reminds me of Heath Ledger's character in 10 Things I Hate About You. He's definitely very intriguing. I can totally relate to Jessica because I remember what it was like to be 16. Actually, I was sixteen when this book came out. I would have really enjoyed it at that age, too. I read this book for the Nest Book Club's Summer Book Challenge. It's for the category, "Read a book considered a beach read." I'm going to go put the next book on hold at the library now.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments: