Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume

Summer Sisters is one of a few of Judy Blume's adult books. Here's a description from Amazon:

"Caitlin lives with her mother in Sante Fe, but spends summers on a New England island with her father, brother, and stepmother. Both parents give her free rein, and her beauty, independence, and talent for getting away with outrageous behavior make her an intriguing star to her middle school classmates. Victoria can't understand why Caitlin would single her out to be her "summer sister" on Martha's Vineyard as she sees herself as quiet and dull. She senses, though, that this vacation is an important turning point and convinces her conservative parents to let her go. The girls become fast friends, sharing six unforgettable summers together."

This book was...interesting. I read it for the Nest Book Club and the Summer Book Challenge. I can't believe this book was written by the same woman who wrote Superfudge. There was so much sex! I had a hard time identifying with the character's in this book. If I were in Vix's shoes I would not have stayed friends with Caitlin, but then the book would have been over after 90 pages or so. Anyway, I thought this book was OK, but I definitely won't be reading it again.

2 out of 5 stars

No comments: