Sunday, August 30, 2009

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first books in this series, as it may contain spoilers!

All Together Dead is the seventh book in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris. Here is a synopsis from Amazon:
"Sookie attends an all-important central U.S. vamp summit on the shores of Lake Michigan as a "human geiger counter" for Sophie-Anne Leclerq, vampire queen of a Louisiana weakened by Katrina and who will be tried during the event for murdering her king. Sookie knows the queen is innocent, but she's hardly prepared for other shocking murders, not to mention protests by the Fellowship of the Sun, a right-wing antivampire movement. Her sleuthing skills, along with those of her new telepath friend, Barry the Bellboy, are put to the extreme test."
I think this book was definitely one of the best of this series. I still can't stand Quinn, and I just want Sookie and Eric to get together already! The summit was different than I expected. I thought it was pretty funny that it was basically a big conference with vendors and everything. I was surprised by who was behind the murders. Maybe I'm dense, but I didn't see that coming. I loved that Barry was back, and he had more confidence in himself. I think they should bring in more telepaths. I guess they're pretty rare, though. I wish I could fit this book into the Summer Book Challenge, but I just can't figure out how. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to complete the challenge at this point, but it's still fun.

5 out of 5 stars, of course!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I just finished this book this weekend and agree -- it's one of the best in the series. I'm doing SuBC too and keep interrupting it to read Sookie books that don't fit anywhere. I can't resist though; as soon as they come in from the library, I have to read them.