Monday, August 24, 2009

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about book series…

Do you prefer to read stand-alone books, or books in series? Do you stick with a series the whole way through or stop after the first installment? Are there any particular series you enjoy?

I love to read any books whether they are part of a series or not. I'm actually in the middle of so many different series that it's hard to keep track! I tend to jump around with the books I read. I don't normally read a series straight through without some other books in between. If the first book doesn't impress me though, I won't finish the series. Some series that I have enjoyed: Harry Potter, Twilight, The Inheritance Cycle and many others. Some series that I'm currently reading: Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries, House of Night, The Mortal Instruments, The Inkworld Trilogy, and The Stephanie Plum series. I think that I tend to be more drawn to series books than stand-alone books. I never really noticed that before.

7 comments:

Elena said...

You have almost identical taste to my best friend (in the series you've listed). I think she's going to force me to read the Sookie Stackhouse books soon, are they good?

(And I luurve the Stephanie Plum books but I haven't read them all)

caite said...

You are right that it is hard to keep track of them, because while I try to read them in order, I do jump around to other series and many stand alone in between.

Susan said...

When I read a series, I usually don't read them straight through either - I have too many other books to read. I just like books, books and MORE BOOKS! I don't care if they're part of a series or not. Here's my full response.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I love series. Here is mine

kayerj said...

oh I just can't read more than one book at a time without getting confused. Once I start a series I have to read straight through--
my musings

Katie said...

Elena - The Sookie Stackhouse books are amazing! I love them!

Nise' said...

I'm waiting for the 1st Sookie book to come in at the library. This series is very popular.