Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first books in this series, as it may contain spoilers!

Dead as a Doornail is the fifth book in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris. It continues the story of telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse. Sookie's brother, Jason, is awaiting his first full moon since being bitten by a were-panther, a sniper is going around Bon Temps shooting shifters, and Sookie is being dragged into werewolf politics, all while trying to sort out her feelings for the many men in her life. You know, a usual day in the life of Sookie Stackhouse.

I still love this series! I think these books just keep getting better and better. I would have liked to have seen Eric more in this book. Oh well. I thought it was interesting to see how the werewolves choose a new "packmaster," even if it was a bit brutal. I'm still rooting for Sookie and Eric. I really hope they end up together. I'm also using this book for the Summer Book Challenge. I can't wait to read the next book!

5 out of 5 stars!

No comments: