Saturday, August 22, 2009

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Don't read this review if you haven't read the first books in this series, as it may contain spoilers!

Definitely Dead is the sixth book in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris. Here is a description from Amazon:
Sookie Stackhouse once tried to keep her mind-reading capabilities secret, but the word is definitely out in Bon Temps, Louisiana, her hometown, leading local police to call on her to help find a missing child. There's a new man, were-tiger Quinn, in the picture, too, but on their first date, two were-people attack them. Sookie isn't sure whether she or Quinn was the target but is soon distracted by a more pressing problem. Cousin Hadley, a vampire, has been murdered, and Sookie has inherited her apartment, meaning she has to go to New Orleans to uncover the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death and meet with Hadley's lover, the Vampire Queen herself.
I love this series more and more after every book I read. This book reveals a lot of interesting information! One thing I can't stand, though, is Quinn. For some reason, I find him incredibly annoying. It's irritating that Quinn always calls Sookie "babe." That seems so sexist! I'm not normally like that. I don't get offended that easily, but that really got to me. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I hope it's even better than this one was! I'm trying to find a way to fit this into the Summer Book Challenge, but I have no idea how I'm going to do it.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments: